Sunday 2 December 2007

Hong Kong design series - Part 3

Altfield is one of those companies you MUST know about if you live in Hong Kong. Not only do they represent some of the most amazing international fabric houses (including Pollack, Larsen, Donghia, Manuel Canovas, Nina Campbell, Jim Thompson, Scalamandre, Zoffany, Pierre Frey, Colefax & Fowler, Jane Churchill, Gaston y Daniela etc.) as well as their own exclusive collection, but they also sell lighting, wallcoverings, flooring and other surface coverings and soft furnishings. The beauty of Altfield is that they have 2 retail stores where the general public can buy furniture (Asian antiques, new pieces off the floor or custom made) and a wide range of homewares, lacquerware, jewellery and lots of other goodies. And even though they are a trade supplier, their showroom is also open to the public and anyone can purchase from them (not at trade prices though). I had my sofa custom made by them (I remember getting phone calls from them during a holiday in France double checking the length of our sofa - I had it made extra long so both my husband and I could lie down on it - they thought I was crazy!), and I also bought my two table lamps there. So, if you'e in Hong Kong and in need of some stylish home furnishings, check out Altfield, you won't be disappointed!

A couple of photos of their stunning showroom.

No comments: