Sunday 13 January 2008

My latest purchase

This lovely pair of Swedish Biedermeier stools (c.1850) now has a new home...with me! I've had my eye on them for about 6 months now, and managed to snatch them up at half price yesterday. They're from one of the only mid-centry furniture dealers in Hong Kong - Manks - which happens to be located in a charming 1930's shophouse with all original fittings and features (pretty rare here). But don't fret people, that rather nasty looking fabric will be gone...just as soon as I decide what to replace it with...

10 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I'm so jealous! I've been looking for stools like that! They're beatiful and stylish- can't wait to see which fabric you choose!

HOBAC said...

That nasty looking fabric is not horsehair by chance, is it? Very smart regardless.

Suzy said...

Thanks Jennifer - will keep you updated!

Suzy said...

Good guess HOB&C - it is horsehair...which I guess makes me a philistine! No, I do like the horsehair, but just not the pattern. Amazing you got that from the photos! I might replace it with a plain horsehair, or maybe something else...still undecided.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Halcyon :) - these were worth the wait. So classic and beautiful. I'm pea green with envy.

Suzy said...

Ha! ;) Thanks Mrs Blandings.

Brilliant Asylum said...

Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stools and so lucky to have found a pair. I'd love to see what you do with them.

Unknown said...

congrats! i know how you wanted them so! i don't find the current fabric offensive, but i do have an issue with the contrast gimp used.

can't wait to see what you do with them! and glad the blog is back up and running!

Suzy said...

Thanks M21! The fabric is probably not all that bad, it just doesn't really work with what I have in mind...but the gimp is a bit unecessary. At the moment on the top of my list is a silk/linen mix by Loro Piana, but still not decided. Will post pics when I eventually get them done!