Monday 26 May 2008

Suzy, Hoodless

Design consultant Suzy Hoodless started out in the magazine business, not unlike fellow Briton, Ilse Crawford. After a few years at Designer's Guild and then House & Garden, she become the Interiors Editor at Wallpaper* magazine from it's inception. Since 2000 she has been running her design consultancy out of her West London studio and has taken on some pretty amazing projects. Here are a few pics from her portfolio that really grabbed my attention.

Love this colour combination...quite unusual, but I think it works.

The spindly legs of the Frits Henningsen chair look amazing in this architectural space.


A very cosy looking restaurant, also in West London.

A subtle mix of styles and eras here. I am a bit of a fan of chesterfields, when they're done right, and I think it looks great in this textural space against the Curtis Jere-looking sculpture.

A little bit of red for a pop...

A cozy looking room...perfect place to sit by the fire with a book and a glass of red on a winter's day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that office and restaurant! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

nice stuff!

shouldn't you be pulling down wallpaper, though?

:)

Suzy said...

Huh! Thanks Christian! ;)
Actually, the wallpaper is all down. This weekend we are cleaning and prepping walls. Yikes! I just want to get to the fun part, painting!

Thanks Abbey, glad you like!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Suzy is fantastic, and such a great sense of style. I admire HER WORK.

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

absolutely love the black chair and foot stool....very unique style,

An Aesthete's Lament said...

I love the huge ottoman in the first photograph.

Anonymous said...

This collection is amazing! I especially looove the red lamp.

Topsy Turvy said...

That first room is gorgeous, simple, elegant and unusual, all at once.
-Lana

Alkemie said...

I love the Huge tufted ottoman and the silver octagonal thingy. :) Don't know what it's called but it's cool.

Suzy said...

yep, I'm with you guys on the huge ottoman, its fab. I'd love one - if only I had the space to fit it!