Monday 1 June 2009

more London talent...




I fell in love with the work of Michael Anastassiades before I even knew who the creator was. In case you didn't know, he is the man responsible for creating some of the gorgeous light fittings that Ilse Crawford has been known to use from time to time. Modern, minimal, but still completely and utterly elegant, Anastassiades designs are also most definitely timeless. Here are a few of my favorites...


Tube Wall Light


Tube Chandelier



Mobile Chandelier



CFL Light



Ball Lights (available in many configurations)


Agia Sophia Chandelier


Two images at top projects by Ilse Crawford, first is the Grand Hotel in Stockholm (ball lights), and the second is the Chiswick Highroad Private Club (tube chandeliers).

6 comments:

Urban Flea said...

Wowee! I'm especially in love with the Agia Sophia piece. Thanks so much for the lovely comment over at Urban Flea! Cheers my dear!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.com

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Amazing works of art. The Agia Sophia & the tube chandeliers are my favorites. But really, they are all gorgeous. Great post!

Unknown said...

amazing the lamps in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey

Gina from Germany

www.ginaspics.net

Jane F from Atticmag said...

I find the ball lights to be stunning. So pleased you chose to highlight a lighting designer. Lighting is such a basic and too often uninspiring. These designs make you think!

Brooke said...

I adore the ball lights -- both pretty and fun.

YHBHS said...

to me, his work is beyond genius. so incredible! such a huge fan always...