Wednesday 2 March 2011

Spicers Balfour Hotel

Inner city Brisbane (capital city of Australia's northern most state, Queensland) may not be the first on the list of your must see getaway destinations, especially after the recent floods. However, if you are headed to there for a business trip, or in Australia and looking for a weekend away that will help the local economy I'd stay at the new Spicers Balfour Hotel in New Farm.

Just minutes from the CBD of Brisbane, this nine-room boutique hotel has something to offer every kind of traveller. The design of the hotel and colour palette employed throughout is not typical of tropical Queensland, which I kinda like. The hotel is appropriately urban and looks to me like it would feel more like staying in a very chic friends city pad. Each room has a 50" TV, Bose i-pod docking stations and a great mix of antique and modern furnishings. The rooftop bar is definitely a strong selling point, but its the Library that had me at hello. I wonder if this is where the nightly canapés are served?

Fantastically located within walking distance of the shopping district, art galleries and local gastronomy...I'll definitely be staying here next time I'm in Brizzy.


The welcoming reception / check-in area



Great views of Brisbane city from the rooftop bar



The lovely looking library - very chic and cosy!


Another view of the library - I love the mix of colours in here


All day dining area



The meeting rooms - very chic



A view of a Balcony room


One of the Courtyard Rooms


All photos care of Spicers Group

No comments: