Tuesday 5 February 2013

Chalet Chic

We're experiencing a very mild winter here in Hong Kong. 24 oC is not bad for the middle of January, right? I wish I could say it was the cold weather that has me fantasizing about an alpine retreat, but perhaps its because its not that cold.  I've seen friends posting photos on Facebook of their skiing holidays, and even though I don't ski, I'm a tad jealous. I think I'd quite like to be snuggled up inside some luxe chalet somewhere catching up on my reading and drinking countless cups of tea, and mulled wine.  Perhaps a bit strange for someone like me who group up next to the sunny beaches in Australia, the snowy mountain tops are polar opposite (pun intended).  But you know what they say about opposites...

This Aspen retreat by one of my favorite designers, Peter Marino, could be just the place for me to do that reading and snuggling.  Despite its rather stark, austere architecture, I rather love how minimalistic it is compared to the typical mountain retreat.  And the view from the bedroom...to die for!









2 comments:

the designers muse said...

What a beautiful home. Love the monolithic fireplace and the fabulous views. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

faye said...

beautiful interiors=)