Saturday 2 March 2013

as easy as A, B, C...?

I'm not entirely sure why it has taken me so long to write a post about AB Concept. Not only are they one of Hong Kong's preeminent design firms, they happen to be the first design firm I worked for in Hong Kong.  If you haven't heard of them before, you're sure to very soon.  They've just published their first monograph - "The Language of Luxe" - covering the last 10 years of their work, some of which I was involved in.  Very sweetly, my name features in the list of dedications at the back, along with all past and current staff.  Its available now for pre-order on Amazon, and is already in bookstores in Hong Kong.

 


One of the many finished projects featured in the book is the somewhat recently completed Shàng-Xí restaurant in the Four Seasons Hotel, Shanghai. Its a good example of the level of detail and refinement in their designs and the selection of unusual and luxurious materials.  Its been forever since I was last in Shanghai, and its definitely on my list of places to return...so I might just have to make a special trip to check this place out...












I particularly love the use of real bird feathers here, I have wanted to use those on a project since I first saw them.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply exquisite.

You do a good job of bringing beauty into the lives of your readers. I, for one, am most grateful for your efforts.

Ann